Sunday 2 December 2007

A fantastic Sunday......

I woke up early feeling so great. This discovery of me and generosity and my new way of being straight has given me a natural high. I showered and got ready to go to my usual gym class. Not having heard from the guy from the gym for most of the week didn't dampen my mood. I knew that he wasn't well and in my new mood of generosity was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt!

He was there, class went well and then some of us went for coffee. Before going to the gym I had been reading more of Manuel's book and I was struck by his emphasis on NOT DOING anything to achieve enlightenment. Not even meditation! He uses the example of the apple tree and says when the nature of the apple tree is to produce apples then all the meditation, spiritual exercises to make it produce those apples quicker will be useless, apples will be produced when the time is right through a natural process. The nature of us as humans is transformation which is similar to the apples of the tree. In time and through a natural process the human will transform to the spiritual. When I read this I felt huge freedom. Transformation is natural and inevitable because of the design of human. So all this doing to achieve a state of enlightenment is empty and meaningless. It is similar to the caterpillar changing into the butterfly, when it happens the caterpillar no longer knows itself as the caterpillar it has transformed into the butterfly. So all of its wishing when it was a caterpillar to know itself as a butterfly is not possible. When we transform it is largely unconscious. The enlightened person is the one who does not know he/she is enlightened.

It was a lovely evening walking around London. I'd had a phone call from the guy from the gym and he came around and we watched a DVD. Poor guy still wasn't well though. I was more relaxed with him because I have really taken on the fact that life is for living and not taking seriously and so at the moment I am having fun and it's great....

No comments: