Monday 19 November 2007

Language gives us our world.....

Today I learnt something so powerful that I want to share with readers of this blog. I had my 2nd last session of one of my seminars and the suggestion was made for us to consider that without language there is no world. Language gives us our world. My colleague next to me at work works with nano-technologies. 10 years ago this didn't exist. It is the language of 'nano-technology that enables the field of nano-technology to develop. Without the word there is no field. I find this quite amazing. It is the same for anything. Take away langauge and what is left - nothing. In that space of nothing then something powerful can be created. I saw how I used to use words to explain the world. To describe the world. Now I know that I can use words to create the kind of world I want to live in and be powerful in.

I am also thinking of Freud and the field of psychoanalysis. Freud introduced the word and it was the word which enabled a whole new field of experience that of psychoanalysis and all of its off shoots. It can be scary to think that the only thing that gives meaning to the world is language but how liberating it also is. I know that there is more in this insight to be got. There is something deeply resonant about it for me, but the clarity is not yet there. I will ponder it more when I am walking to work and if it gets any clearer, will write it in another blog entry.

I'm off tomorrow from work doing some training with the swiss psychiatrist and neuroscientist and mystic Manuel Schoch. I am looking forward to this because I know that I will learn such a lot. I will write about this training and what it involves in the next couple of blog posts. I don't have much integrity today because I listened to my ego this morning when my alarm went off and I turned over and went back to sleep without hitting the snooze on my alarm. Lately this is developing into a disempowering habit. I usually put the phone on the other side of the room so that I have to physically get out of bed and turn it off. The theory then is that I am up so won't go back to bed.....yeah right... the last couple of mornings this hasn't happened. So my intention to be in integrity, write this blog and go to the gym has not happened.

The strange thing is that I will always have enough time to write this blog. My inner voice is clear and insistent about writing this blog. Through it the struggle between the ego and soul comes apparent. Yet I know that I am keeping this non-empowering behaviour in place because of the breakdown that follows. I give myself hard time instead of being gentle and saying 'there's nothing wrong with this, it just doesn't work, given who and what I want to be in the world'......

No comments: