Tuesday 24 February 2009

At some point.....the truth will out.....

In a blog entry some time ago I wrote about a conversation I had with a woman who is in my course who is what I call spiritual. This is a major inauthenticity of mine because all of us are spiritual. This underlying spiritual essence is covered over by a human veneer which comprises ego, and identity. For a long time now I have seen certain categories of people, those who work in healing or alternative therapies as spiritual. All of this came to a head yesterday when I came clean to the woman in my class about this blog, what I had written and it felt good to finally say what I think. She was absolutely brilliant. A couple of hours I had spoken with her about how restrained I am feeling at the moment. She gave me some great advice about how to do a ritual to say goodbye to that identity which has made me restrained and to welcome in the new unrestrained me. I knew after that conversation that I had to tell her about this blog and clear up with her what I had written. I explained that I found so called spiritual people to be prickly around me. What she said in response to this resonated. She said 'that this was all my stuff' which is perfectly true.

I felt great relief to finally be able to say to someone spiritual how I felt. What I want to do through this blog is to clear up how I have been dividing people up into spiritual and non-spiritual and what I see is my identity doing this to keep me small and separate. People are people and the blocks I feel are to do with myself. There is a battle going on in the deepest parts of me, I can feel it. The identity is becoming so strong in some ways and yet my possibility or Soul is also getting strong. I am so grateful for this woman's honesty to me yesterday over coffee in Costa, it has really shifted me and given me a fresh connection with people without any separation or division. Through this blog.....I want to thank her for that gift......

No comments: