Monday 30 November 2009

Things are moving now....really quickly....

Today was such a wet and miserable day that I spent all day on computer research. I did a trawl of online freelance journalism and came across what I thought was a professional site called suite101.com. I got the application form and I had to submit two 400 - 600 non-fiction articles and some blurb about me and then I would hear whether or not I would be approved as a contribution writer for the website. I did all this and sent it off. One hour later I got an email confirming that I have been approved as a writer for this site. The rate of pay is not good but it is a start and if the articles are good enough I can apply for a position as a feature writer in my area which is in the area of spiritual awakening so I am very excited. The terms of the contract are that I have to provide 10 articles over a three month period of between 400 - 800 words including pictures and captions.

I will have an editor who will review what I submit and give me feedback and will be building up a relationship which is good because this site doesn't accept one-off articles. I like this because it means that I can build up a reputation as an expert in this field. On my profile on the site I put a link to my blog but I cannot link the articles to the blog. The copyright for those articles remains with suite101 - it's a good job that I'm not precious about my work. I can write more than 10 articles so obviously the more I write and are accepted the better I will be financially but what means far more to me than that is that I will be earning money doing something I love and am passionate about which is writing. So with that and writing for Wellbeing magazine although this is unpaid at present....things that have never moved for me in this area are now moving.

It is amazing how all of this has happened since I discovered the irrational belief I had that big people were a danger to me. Before I saw this it was ridiculous to think that I could ever have been successful in the land of the 'big people'. Now all of that is gone and it's like the energy that was blocked has now been freed and big things are happening for me. From this discovery I also see just how powerful is that part which doesn't want us to be powerful or self-expressed, hence the importance of 'know thyself'. Without such self-knowledge human beings are no more than pawns on a chessboard.....

No comments: