Tuesday 21 August 2007

Well....I did it...

I re-told the story of Beauty and the Beast as my first speech in the advanced storytelling manual and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Standing at the top of the room and looking at 20 people who are listening intently to every word is such an exhilarating experience. There is nothing like it. All of the people there are given slips of paper to write some comments on for the speaker and what was written on the slips of paper which people gave to me has brought tears to my eyes. It is so humbling to think that for nine minutes tonight I gave enjoyment to people. This to me is soul service and I love it.

There was a ribbon for the best speech and even though I didn't win it, it didn't matter in the slightest. If the speech had come from my personality and ego I would have been very upset. I am completely OK with not winning best speaker. This is a great achievement for me. I can say that I am truly OK because there was no bodily reaction when the name of the best speaker was called out for the evening and it wasn't me. I was delighted at how much I had enjoyed giving it and knowing that so many people had enjoyed it has meant everything.

I have such a lot to be grateful for at my early morning spinning class tomorrow so will finish this blog for tonight.

No comments: